Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What Does it Mean to be Tea Drunk?

Lifting the Whisk from the Center of the Bowl
A conversation about 'tea drunkenness' recently popped up in a tea professionals' group on LinkedIn. It made me realize how few people in the West have experienced this incredible state of being, which is often compared to a buzz from drinking, but is (in my opinion) far, far better. Some people get it from good quality Matcha (one person I know compared his Matcha buzz to taking mild LSD), while others get it from aged pu-erh tea. Personally, I tend to get 'tea drunk' from high quality oolong tea, especially high mountain oolong, Tieguanyin oolong or aged oolong. (Hey, maybe that's really why I'm in Taiwan studying oolong!)

If you've never experienced 'tea drunkenness' before, read more on what it means to be tea drunk. If you have been tea drunk, I'd love to hear about your experience, as I'm sure other readers would, too! Share your 'tea drunk' story in the comments below, and happy sipping.

Photo (c) Marko Goodwin
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Are you on Facebook? "Like" About Coffee/Tea.
Interested in learning more about tea? Sign up for the free, easy Tea 101 e-course.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment