Friday, May 4, 2012

Ethiopian Coffee Culture

An image of a whole, roasted coffee bean.
My article on the Ethiopian coffee ceremony has long been one of the most popular article on About Coffee / Tea. Clearly, a lot of people are interested in learning about this fascinating aspect of coffee! I recently decided to research and write about a related topic -- the history of coffee in Ethiopia, and its cultural role there. In the course of writing about the subject, I learned quite a few things I never guessed to be true. For example, coffee used to be mixed into a sort of energy bar and made into a fermented drink akin to wine. Crazy!

Learn more about the history and culture of coffee in Ethiopia in my new article, Ethiopian coffee culture.

Photo (c) Marko Goodwin
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Are you on Facebook? "Like" About Coffee/Tea.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment