Sunday, April 1, 2012

Where in the World is Lindsey?

A map of the tea-producing regions of India, including Assam.
As you may or may not know, I'm currently in India, where I am researching my first book. (The topic? Masala chai.) At the moment, I'm in Assam, India, which is an area known for its CTC tea (a major ingredient in most Indian masala chai recipes). Prior to that, I was in Darjeeling, India, where I was researching the Darjeeling first flush tea harvest. Soon, I'll return to Darjeeling for more research, and later I'll make my way up to Kashmir to research Kashmiri chai.

If you have any recommendations for where to visit or which teas to try while I'm in India, I'd love to hear them! Just add them in the comments below.

Photo (c) Marko Goodwin
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Interested in learning more about tea? Sign up for the free, easy Tea 101 e-course.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment