Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Cocktail Contest: Spirit Infusion

I'm thinking that the newest cocktail contest will be an easy one, but I'm also hoping to see some submissions with a very creative twist. The theme I chose on this round is Infused Spirits. The contest is open through Saturday, September 24th so there is plenty of time to come up with a spectacular cocktail.

Infused Spirits... It is a pretty open ended category and I like that because that means you can do whatever you want. Think of all the combinations possible: all of the liquors are available as a base and every flavor one could possibly think of adding to any of those is open for use. Whiskies, vodkas, rums, gins, tequilas, brandies and everything in between. Fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, and (dare I say) even meats or a combination of any of those are free for the taking.

Also, I am not limiting it to house made liquor infusions. If there is a great cocktail you have made with a commercial infusion, submit it. There are some flavors, especially in vodkas, that I would not want to touch and know I cannot come close to replicating. Gran Centenario Rosangel Tequila and Charbay Green Tea Vodka are two of those in my book.

The catch is that you not only have to come up with or find a great infusion, but there has to be a use for it as well. This is a 'cocktail' contest and we need drinks to judge.

Good luck and have fun. I look forward to seeing what you have for us this time.

Submit an Infused Spirit cocktail recipe here...

Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment