Sunday, September 18, 2011

Your Bourbon Recommendations

Old cliche, I know... If you were stranded on a deserted island with a single bottle of bourbon, what would it be?

This is the question of the week as I want to hear about your favorite bourbon. Maybe it's an old Kentucky favorite or a new micro-distilled batch outside of 'bourbon country.' Maybe you like one of the new renditions or a special bottling from a popular brand that you have to grab immediately on its annual release. Or is it a bottle that has been gone for years but you can still taste it every time you think about it. These are the questions I want answered and you can let us all know your preference at: Which Bourbon Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Personally, I thought about this and cannot come up with just one, though in the island scenario I would have to say Maker's Mark and even that would be a hard choice. I can appreciate the unique qualities of so many bourbons that narrowing it down to a single option is nearly impossible. Others at the top of my list are Basil Hayden, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve (especially the Master's Collection) for the old standards, Cedar Ridge for a micro, non-Kentucky option, and Four Roses' Small Batch or Old Forester's Birthday Bourbons of which 2010 was an all-time high for me. Like I said, I like too many bourbons to have a favorite.

What are your bourbon picks? Share them here...

Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment