Friday, October 21, 2011

Nihao from Taipei, Taiwan

A map of the tea-producing regions of Taiwan, including Taipei.
If you follow me on Twitter or know me personally, then this is not news to you, but to the thousands of other people who read this site: Nihao from Taipei, Taiwan!

I'm currently embarking on a long-term, international tea trip. Part of this trip involves researching content for About.com. Although I won't be posting much of it immediately, you can expect to see it filter onto the site over the next year or two.

Right now, I'm in Muzha, an area on the outskirts of Taipei known for its teahouses and tea production. Two weeks ago, I was in Tokyo interviewing people about Japanese tea culture, and next Monday, I'll ride a scooter up to Wenshan to pluck tea with an award-winning tea master for about a week. Exciting!

My travels aren't the main point of this blog, so I won't be talking about them too often, but don't be surprised if you see a quick update every now and then. ;)

Until next time, zia jian!

Photo (c) Marko Goodwin
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Are you on Facebook? "Like" About Coffee/Tea.
Interested in learning more about tea? Sign up for the free, easy Tea 101 e-course.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment