Friday, August 12, 2011

Baffling Liqueurs - You Ask, I Answer

Liqueurs are an interesting subset of distilled beverages. They range from the overly sweet, the herbaceous, the bitter, and the luscious. They come in every color and flavor we can think of. Some can stand alone and some are require a mixed drink to make them palatable. There are hundreds of these sweetened alcoholic beverages, some so common you'll find them in every bar and some are rather obscure and rare that makes you think, "Now what would I do with that?" Within all of this there is the prevalent question of which liqueur can be substituted for another; orange liqueurs are a fine example of that.

I would like to answer some of your liqueur queries in an upcoming series. Is there a liqueur bottle sitting on your shelf that you know nothing about? Do you wonder the history of, the ingredients used, or how to mix with a certain liqueur? Substitutions? Is there a liqueur that baffles you completely? Is there an ingredient you read in recipes that makes you wonder what it is? If so, leave me a note in the comments and I'll do my best to find some answers and recipe suggestions in the coming weeks.

Suggested Reading: Learn Your Liqueurs

Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment